It is the purpose of the Japanese Student Association:
- To create an opportunity to gather for international Japanese students, Japanese-American students, and students with an otherwise strong connection to Japan, who attend the University of Chicago.
- To work with the administration to further the welfare of the JSA and the University.
- To promote better relationships between the JSA and:
- The administration and faculty.
- Other cultural and academic organizations in the University.
- The Japanese community in Chicago outside of the University.
- To promote student compliance with the rules of the club
- To provide a forum for Japanese student expression.
- To reach out to the school community through:
- programming of cultural events on campus
- notification to the student body about Japanese cultural events
outside the university